Changes in the Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changes in the Future

Post by Cessy on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:27

So, this wolf is thinking about switching things up in the WOTN community site ... I'm thinking about making it a more generalized gaming site, instead of pure gaming. Such as gaming mostly, since we ARE a gaming community, but also movies, youtube, photographs, art ... we've got some talented people on the planet, and I intent to show it all off.
I'm thinking about adding a lot, and changing a lot ... any ideas and advice would be great <3
Cessy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in the Future

Post by ben333 on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:37

Well, if you plan on adding all of that, then I have much to post... Very Happy

ben333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CenturyWarlord on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 19:29

What you are doing was what I used to do years ago when I first start up my own forum.

You could re-name your site to reflect on the forum's purpose. You can still have WOTN as part of a section in the forum.

You should also get some promotion or advertising done via Facebook. Just start it off among your friends and family. Then let them usher in new people to visit your forum.

Having some sort of game in the forum would be nice. I used to do board games and rpgs.

There are many forum-based games out there, so you have to pick one that you can manage and suitable to the size of your current community.

Hardest part is to be active on a weekly basis to post updates and newsletter about a topic of your choice.

I recommend you just post something that is new and fresh like an upcoming games coming out soon. Make a few polls and encourage people to vote.

All this helps to keep the community alive and the forum active to attract more people.
CenturyWarlord
Admin

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessy on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 14:52

Well, I won't be changing the name of the site necessarily. It will still be The Wolves of the Night, but it'll be considered a social forum more than anything else. Of course, focusing on gaming is what I'll be doing best, but as changes are starting to happen now, I'll have to work on everything on a much broader stage.
It will have a separate category for Gaming, Movies, Music, Sports, Photography, and Youtube.
Within those categories, I'll have sections such as for movies, I'll have different sections that suit the different types of movies, or I'll have one announcing upcoming movies, favourite movies, and recommended movies. Suggestions on that?
Music I don't know ...
Sports ...
Gah, I just figure I'll get there when I get there lol
Cessy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top