The Fortress. (IC)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 05:46

"Eh, democracy mostly, although he was popular before the outbreak too, so that helped a bit as well.Basically, we voted him in as leader.He's tough, but likable once you get through to him, kinda bony, but that doesn't diminish his fighting skill any.We've got about 30 members,minus the ones that were killed, of course.

We get most of our supplies through trading with another clan called Carnal Sin, best bunch of merchants I've ever seen, could turn a fistful of cash into a warehouse full of goods if given enough time.They've got several warehouses throughout the city.
Speaking of which, before you do anything too important, you should also consider that we have an alliance with Aztec, another guild of mercenaries and raiders like ourselves.There are a bunch of other clans and guilds all directions around the encampment you've got here too, just gotta talk to them before everyone start shooting bullets at each other.
Speaking of bullets, hows that pistoleer doing? I know Paul got a few shots into his arm before he kicked the bucket and the rest bought the farm."

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 05:51

The gun shop has been wiped clean by survivors but they forgot to take a few guns. The owners seem to have fled as well on short notice. The cash register is open and there is nothing but cobwebs. He finds blood on the floor and assumes there was a bit of a fight for weaponry. He barricades the door and without knowing that there was a hatch to the rooftop he begins to mediate for a few hours. He eats another bag of chips then heads to bed.


((+3 Critical Hit bonus for meditation.))

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 06:50

Your sleep is interrupted at 4AM, by a banging sound coming from the rooftop.It seems you have company, though of what kind, you're not sure.You open the hatch carefully and look outside, what you see then disturbs you for the rest of your days.
You see three Cerberus hounds.
They don't see you yet, so you emerge from the hatch onto the rooftop and aim your USP for the first hellhound you see.
You fire your USP and miss! (29)
The hellhounds spring towards you as a group and are 15m away.
You fire your USP again and hit the first hound in the chest!(86)
They are still sprinting towards you. (10m)
You fire again into the pack, and hit the same hound in the chest again.(78)
They are getting closer by the second.... (7m)

You fire yet again into the pack of hounds, you hit the same hound in the head and kill it outright.
They are getting close...(4m)
You fire again and hit the second hound in the right foreleg.(69)
Almost in close combat! (2m)
You fire your USP yet again and miss!
You try to dodge as the hounds are charging towards you and you succeed!(88+Agi)
One of the hounds bounds off the rooftop and to its certain doom on the streets below.
The other one slows down a bit but still slides almost over the edge.
You fire your USP at it and the shot connects!(79)
The momentum from the bullet pushes the hound over the edge and kills it outright.
You level up to level 2.
Combat ended.
You go back downstairs and secure the hatch properly this time.
You go back to sleep until 10AM, then you get up and are ready for the day.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 13:34

After the combat late last night Boris now knew it wasn't safe anywhere. He checks his map and notices a marked location called the Fort. He heads towards the Fort and he does not know whether or not this place is filled with survivors or zeds. Boris walks out into the street and sticks to the walls and buildings for cover. As me moves to the Fort...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 14:37

You avoid combat and potential threats to the best of your abilities, and make your way, block by block, to the Fortress.
At noon you arrive at the Fortress, nothing interrupted you on the way there.You notice many people going about their daily duties, as assigned by the Fortress Commander, as they call him.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by CenturyWarlord on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:58

"Hmm, interesting. Very interesting piece of information indeed. As for the guy you guys were trying to kill, I am going to visit him right now. You may come with me as long as you don't do anything to get one of my people here start trying to kill you. You should be safe by my side," Zero said to Jake.

He got up and left his housing towards the medical camp with Jake closely following him.

As soon as Zero got there, he were alerted by one of the sentries that there were someone out there. Zero call out to Tountan who were busy playing cards with the cook nearby.

"Tountan, would you please accompany, Jake, here and don't let him out of your sight. You have been most reliable so far so don't mess this up," he instructed Tountan.

"Jake, I have business to attend to. You may stay here and talk to him if you want but don't wander off too far from here. The others here aren't aware yet that you are permitted to roam around freely. I'll get back to you soon," Zero informed Jake.


Zero went to the sentry who were calling him and took out his binocular to get a clear visual on the stranger outside.

He recognised the outfit that man was wearing. It appeared to be someone from the Russian special forces. However the man was alone and Zero was quite puzzled as to how and why there is a Russian military outfit out here.

Zero told the sentry to give a warning shot and shout out to that stranger to identify himself or they will have to shoot him down. Zero continued observing the Russian to see how he reacts.

_________________
UNSC
Lieutenant
Alpha "Cookie" Force Trooper
To serve and to protect
cookies!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:31

Boris drops to his knees and holsters his pistol. Boris yells to the men ahead of him, "I am Boris! I bring you no harm!" He awaits his fate thinking of decisions he could make in response to the actions of the group ahead.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by CenturyWarlord on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:11

Seeing the man quickly surrendering himself made Zero ever more suspicious of possible traps being laid out to lure people of this fort out.

The things that Jake told him about the incoming war between various factions would suggest that any of the factions would want to take control of this fort.

Having no real marksman among the survivors. Zero decided to accompany, Herb, one of the sentry on duty to go out, disarm that fella', and then bring him inside the fort. Ricardo, the other sentry on duty was to stay put and watch for possible hostiles.

Zero instructed Herb if they are being ambushed, he is to make a run back inside while Zero distracts the ambushers. This made Herb felt a bit at ease as they went out to meet Boris.

On the way out Zero grabbed the cloth used to bind Jake. He handed it over to Herb with orders to tie Boris up after disarming him.

Zero was vigilant of his surroundings scoping the buildings around for any snipers.

"Do not move a muscle or we will not hesitate shoot you. I am going to disarm you before we can bring you in," Herb shouted at Boris while having his gun pointed at him as he approached.

Herb was nervous that Boris might make a gesture to signal whoever is out there to spring the trap.

Zero stood close-by, keeping watch but also keeping an eye on Boris so he doesn't try anything on Herb.
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 13:09

Boris stays calm and decides it would be best to follow their directions for now. He wasn't worried about being disarmed as he had hidden a pistol within his coat that is unnoticeable and too well put into the coat to be felt. He nods to the man shouting commands to him. As the men close in on Boris...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by CenturyWarlord on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:16

As Herb hastily frisk Boris, Zero observed that he kept his cool and there are no signs of insecurity. Truly this Russian is the real deal. Zero decided to keep a close eye on him. Usually survivors would feel a bit panicky not having anything to keep then safe from harm.

After Herb confirmed to Zero that he have finished disarming Boris. Zero told him to lead Boris into the fortress and have him sit down at the eating place in the middle of the fort.

Zero kept Boris's gun and kept a safe distance away from him knowing that this man might know close combat techniques.

Russian spec ops training far surpasses Zero's skill in both marksmanship and close quarter combat. So he have Herb lead the way while Zero follow behind Boris keeping his gun up to him for safety precaution.

Zero doesn't trust this man yet. It was very suspicious to see Russian military on US soils.
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Jul 2012, 09:31

Boris believes the men mean no harm although he is still on his guard as no one in this apocalyptic world is to be trusted. The Fort isn't as grand as he thought it would be, it was nothing like where Boris was sent to spy upon the general. Boris stares at the man that seems to be in charge then asks in a firm tone, "What is this place?"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by CenturyWarlord on Sat 28 Jul 2012, 19:09

Zero remained silent until they entered the fort. Boris was seated on a table designated earlier. Herb was dismissed and returned to his post. Dena, who was conveniently sitting nearby got called in to handle the newcomer. Zero stood guard a few feet behind Boris observing him.

"Err...umm...w..welcome to the Fortress. Ah, how may I help you, sir?" Dena greeted Boris in a rather shaky tone.

She was intimidated seeing a man who was as scary as Zero. A man with a menacing presence was something she never experienced before until the outbreak begun.

Zero was less scary to her because when he came in, he and his team rescued the people here from certain doom. So she was glad to have him protecting her. However Boris was something else; a stranger who just stumbled into the fort for no known reason and doesn't seem like a good guy.

She gathered her courage and continued:

"What brings you here and are there others with you out there?" she asked Boris.

She don't know what possessed her to ask such things. She figured it was something that Zero would like to know first and foremost.
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by lonewolf4515 on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:14

Feeling refreshed after the intense training session, Wolf quietly un-baracades the door, and makes his way outside. Triple checking his surroundings, he sees no threats in the area. Wolf pulls out the map he had found and figures out where he is. Figuring out his location, Wolf heads toword the area marked "Fort" on his map, hoping for allies. Wolf can't help but smile the entire way, as he has an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment at the training sessions and fixing the gun.

lonewolf4515

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-06-23
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 07:48

(Wolf)

You walk to the Fort with eager gusto, and manage to get there in one piece.You stop just short of the Fortress and take a good look at the area.You find that the Fortress is a large compound-like area, and it is three city blocks wide, by three tall, with dirt and stone walls, with mounds of dirt where sentry towers could be placed.
There seems to be four guards on duty, and one of them stops you and starts up a conversation with you.
"What're you doing here, what exactly is your business and goal here?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Beefy)

It was easy to enter the Fort from another direction, seeing as the guards were quite thoroughly distracted with the Russian man on the north end, so you wander through the east entrance stealthily, even for your large frame.Beefy walks up to the engineer of the Fortress, Greg Etheredge, and asks him about the blade arm he severed from the zombie he had slain.
"Well, I suppose I could make a spear, or a halberd, or a sword, or some throwing knives from the blade arm, if you'd like." he says.
"Yeah, I would like you to make me a halberd, please." Beefy said
"Ok, come back in a few hours and check up on the halberd."the technician says.
He gestures and offers the tech a draft from the flask, and the tech gladly takes it and hands it back to Beefy after hhe had finished.
"Thanks."

Beefy also takes a swallow from the flask, and then reseals it and stores it.After that, he asks a nearby inhabitant for info to the nearest supply merchant.
You see a slight scuffle going on with a man in a Russian outfit, but they don't notice you.
You meander up to Glenna Kriz and barter for a claymore and a sledge hammer.
She trades you the claymore and sledge for a set of pots and pans, a shovel, a fire axe, and two tins of ham."It's not like anyone around here is strong enough to use that heavy junk."she says, after your trade.

After that, you wander around the Fort and find a person that looks like he needs some help.
Timothy Rickerson walks boldly up to you and says...... "I am missing a few of my pictures from my home, could you go get them for me?
" Where is your home located?" Beefy asks.
*he pulls out a map and shows you a block to the southwest of the Fort.*
"That's where it is." he says
"Sounds ok. All the pictures in the house?"
"Also, what can you give me in payment for returning your pictures?" you respond.
"I can give you 150$, and whatevers in my house other than my pictures." he says
"ok i will do it. I want $50 now and the other $100 on delivery."you respond.
"Err, ok, but I'll want it done pronto, ok?" he says.
"I will be leaving at first light." you say.
"Ok, I can do that."And with that, he hands you the 50$ you asked for, and described the photos you are to retrieve and where they were when he left.
"i will also need the map. i will return it to you." you say.
"Here you go." He gives you the map and walks off.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by lonewolf4515 on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 06:14

Excited by the prospect of meeting other people, friendly, people, Wolf walks forward offering his hand for a hand shake, while still making sure to keep his hands where the guards can see them, just so they know he means no harm to them.
"Names Wolf, ya don't know how glad I am to see you folk. I got seperated from my group quite a while back, was traveling with a couple of ma friends. I don't even know if there still alive. Sorry, im rambling pard'ner, im just so excited to see friendly folk again. As for your question, i was hoping to stay here for a bit, train a little, maybe eat something warm for a change, instead of zeds tryin ta eat me."

lonewolf4515

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-06-23
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 04:29

"I killed a man, he looked like a raider, and he had a map in his pocket. This place you call the Fortress was marked on it. I decided to come here and well I am here now." Boris explained to the woman. "I have been alone ever since the outbreak begun. I ran into a few hostile raiders but I made quick work of them." Boris seemed suspicious of the inhabitants of the Fortress as they seemed to be watching every damn move he made. "Judging by your movements I can tell you think I'm a threat, I assure you I am not." Boris said to the armed guard and the woman.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by CenturyWarlord on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:19

Dena looked at Zero and he gave her a slight nod signalling that he's ok to roam around.

"Well then, you are free to stay here as long as you don't cause us any problems. Whatever you do, don't come near the posted sentries. They are a bit itchy on the triggers and they sure don't like being surprised," she said to Boris.

Zero was still suspicious of the Russian. Boris never told them who he is and never explained why he is here. Zero doesn't want to keep him on the bench for too long because otherwise the inhabitants would grow too suspicious and unwelcoming to strangers. Zero knew that to survive, a good deal of respect is needed or they would be making enemies.

"I will be keeping your guns. You can claim em' there when you are going back out," Zero said to Boris and pointed out to where the armoury is located.

Dena showed Boris around the Fortress. Despite her nervousness, she managed to muster enough courage to be as welcoming as possible. After that she left Boris alone to attend to her other duties.

After handing over Boris's weapons to Ricardo for safe-keeping, Zero headed back to the infirmary to check up on Arytom.

"Can you give me a list of medical supplies that you need? I'll get a team ready to find it," Zero asked Shyeni.

Zero visited Ricardo again to ask him about any other local gun stores that he knows would have weapons and ammunitions.

He then rallied his people at the middle of the Fortress to assign them duties.

_________________
UNSC
Lieutenant
Alpha "Cookie" Force Trooper
To serve and to protect
cookies!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 13:20

"Oh, yes, I'll write up a list for you to keep an eye out for, just follow me right this way to see the patient." And with that, she leads you down a small corridor, and into a small room where Arytom was still sitting on the edge of his bed.
Shyeni walks quietly away, and writes a list of all the medical supplies she'd need to restock her medical cabinet, then she gives it to you.
"That's most of what we'd need, I'm not sure if we'd need much else, unless someone came in with an arm cut off or something else nasty."
The note reads as follows.

Antibiotics
Painkillers
Antiseptic Spray
Bandages
Scalpels and other surgical tools
And a method of sterilizing our tools.
-Shyeni


Ricardo says "I don't recall there being any other gun stores nearby mine, but I'm sure some of the local malls would have a gun store or two inside of them. The only bad part would be getting in and out without drawing a crowd, or setting off any alarms, and that's if there are no other factions already occupying them."
The occupants of the Fort rally to the center of the compound without much fuss, and wait for your orders.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 2 Assignment

Post by CenturyWarlord on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 13:55

((OOC: I didn't include any PC on the list. So you guys can hop on any team by volunteering except Team 1. Official PC inhabitants of the Fortress must join a team to keep the rp true. The other PCs can do whatever they want.))

Zero briefed and organized the team as follows:

Fort Garrison
Ricardo Helfrich
Shyeni Peresta
Dena Hendren (Leader)
Glenna Kriz
Derrick Bertolini

Team 1 - Diplomatic
Zero (Leader)
Jake

Team 2 - Hunting, continue training
Tim Pruden (Leader)
Morril Galen
Sotan Galen

Team 3 - Near Fort Scavenging/Construction
Timothy Rickerson (Leader)
Herman Armes
Dean Schmuck
Kelsey Stotts
Herb

Team 4 - Supply Scavenging (Anything from food to weapons)
Maribel Railey
Rick Corman
Tountan Morturang (Leader) ((OOC: He knows how Zero works a bit. I prefer ben rp him))
Jenifer Pineiro
Greg Etheredge
Tarah Lenigan
Rudolf Lehning

The two males on Garrison will be on patrol around the Fortress keeping the Construction team safe while they do their work.

Construction team will first do a bit of scavenging nearby the Fortress then return to begin fortifying the defences. Zero gave them instruction to use whatever tools they can use to dig trenches around the perimeter and fill em out with wooden spikes. Focus should be given on sections near the Fortress entrances first.

Zero and Jake will go meet Jake's leader to discuss terms of possible mutual partnership. He instructed no one to ever follow him.

Hunting team will do the same thing like yesterday.

Team 4 will travel to search for medical supplies first. Zero gave the list to Tountan and he trusted him to know what to do. Along the way back, assuming there were no problems, loot whatever they can.

Zero packs his gear and headed out with Jake to meet the raider's leader. He let Jake take the lead but kept a close watch on him and his surroundings for trouble.
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 23:33

There are far more men outside then there was before. He thought where they were all going as they were gearing up. Not wanting to miss the action Boris yelled, "Hey, you guys need a hand?"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Tue 07 Aug 2012, 13:43

Jake takes the lead and shows you the general direction of their hideout, then he speaks.
"You know, the guards on patrol here probably won't like me bringing a new guy in... so keep it cool."
After that, he shows you the way to their place for a good five blocks from the Fortress...
"It should be around here somewhere..."
He looks at your surroundings and picks out an abandoned-looking warehouse, then he gestures in the direction of it, seemingly pointing the way.
"Here's the place, it ain't much, but it looks better on the inside."With that, he knocks on the door, in a pattern and before long, the guards on duty inside open the door a crack and let him in without much fuss.
You, however, are a different story.
"Who're you, and whaddaya want, we ain't got nuffin' to hand out, so get lost!"
The door slams shut in your face, but afterwards you hear a scuffle break out inside, and then the door opens again, except with Jake opening it, instead of the ruffian guards.
"Looks like some convincing was needed, no?"
The other two guards are laying slumped against the wall holding their stomachs as if though their intestines might fall out.
You walk inside and take a look around, and indeed, it does look a lot better on the inside, with carpeting, a few paintings on the wall, and furniture placed haphazardly about.
"I'll grab the boss for you, be back in a few minutes."
After a small wait, a man in a tuxedo returns with Jake, with a grin on his face.
The man looks all of sixty, with white flowing hair down to his shoulders, and a slight appearance of stubble on his face, with brown eyes.
"So you're one of the guys that have taken up residence down the way a bit? Ah, it's a pleasure to meet you. Please forgive my guards, they haven't received their rations yet today.And I shall make sure they won't get their full ration today for being rude to a guest of Jakes'."
"So, you gonna introduce yourself or what, boss?" Jake whispered to him.
"Of course, my name is Alfred Gordon, leader of the City Riderz, pleased to meet your acquiantance, and your name might be?" he asks, the unseemly grin never leaving his face.
Meanwhile, at the other teams.....
------------------------------------------------------------
At Team 2...
"Alright, we're going to do something a bit different this time, we're going to get some wire, and then we're going to go to a nearby building and conceal ourselves better than last time."
They set up the box traps again like last time, but this time they use some of the food from the storage to make better bait, and it pays off.
Morril taps Sotans' shoulder and points towards his box, and he traps the animal he was hoping to catch...a small chicken.
They reset the trap and waited some more ... and by the time evening came, they had caught a decent bounty of various animals.
2x Chicken
1x Snake
2x Raccoon
2x Squirrels
It was seven PM before they got back to the Fortress, and they butchered the animals for their meat, then they set to cooking it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, at Team 3...
Tim says,"Alright, Zero says we should try to find some tools, and other things to start constructing the defenses up a bit, in case we get attacked or somethin', so I want you guys to keep an eye out for wooden planks, because we're gonna need some."
They hear the strange Russian man asking if anyone needed any help, and Tim walked over to him and said, "If you want to help, get over here and help us make these fortifications a bit better."
By the time they were done scavenging for tools and boards, they found several large sets of planks inside a hardware store two blocks from the Fortress, and some small knives (x4)They use the planks to make and fortify the ditch as ordered, and start honing the edges of the planks into sharp points with the knives they found.
After they were done, they had fortified a good deal of the areas around the entrances, and the east side was fully fortified. They had used up all of the planks that they had found, and were done at 6:30PM.
((Fortress 30 % fortified with wooden palisades.))

----------------------------------------------------------
"Alright boss, I can get those medical supplies, I know just the place, too." Tountan says, after you tell him of your plans.
After assembling his group, he takes a few weapons from the supplies, and gives them to his group.
He gives Maribel the Luger, as well as several packs of ammunition for it , then he shows her how to properly reload and fire the weapon, as well as how to hold it to avoid causing any 'accidents'. (100 9mm hgun)
He gives Rick and Jenifer a Glock a piece, and 75 rounds for each as well (150 9mm hgun)
He takes the USP for himself, and all of the ammunition for it. (55 .45 hgun)
"Now, as for the rest of you, stay behind us, and do not get bitten or scratched, and if you do, tell me.I'd hate to have this run collapse because one fool decided it'd be best to let us all down." And after that, he grins and shows them the places they're going on the map, the hospital, some of the middle-class houses nearby, and a hotel they were going to loot, if all went to plan. The route would make a perfect circle from the hospital to the hotel, ending and beginning with the Fort.
They begin their journey, and make it to the hospital in short time, and begin the run without much trouble... until Tountan notices the ceiling creaking.
He holds his hand up and makes a motion for the group to stay still and quiet behind him.
An eerie substance oozes out from the ceiling in front of them, and Tountan throws a piece of nearby detritus into the pool on the floor.It remained there for a short moment, and then something grabbed it quicker than even he could follow.
He motioned for the group to back up slowly through the corridor and avoid any pools of the substance, lest they become zombie-bait.
Other than the occasional pool of the stuff they'd named 'purple goop', the run went without incident, and they found all of the necessary equipment to sanitize things, as well as several scalpels and other surgical tools, and several bottles of the painkiller, morphine.
They exited the building and left Saint Ives' Hospital, hopefully to never return unless something urgent happened.
"Aight, that went well, strangely enough." Tountan commented, after they'd walked a few blocks away from the place.
"Well, we didn't find everything we needed, did we?" Rick asked.
"Nope, we're still supposed to find some Antisepic Spray, Bandages, and Antibiotics, but I'm sure we'll find the stuff on our route.
They arrive at the first house they were going to break into, but apparently someone had already done so, so they skipped that house and moved on to the others in the district.Seeing a pristine, untouched house amidst the destruction and chaos around the other houses was slightly unsettling for the group, as if though some force had protected it."Time to get those burglary skills to work, guys, scout around the house and see what is in there."Five minutes later, they met back in front of the house.They all said the same thing, nobody in there, no alarm, nothing unusual about the house.
Tountan grabbed a nearby rock and threw it at the window nearest the door... it bounced off.
He grabbed another, slightly angry at the fact that it didn't break, and hurled the rock as hard as he could at the window, it finally cracked."You know, this would go a lot quicker if you guys would help me."
The others in the group picked up rocks and started throwing them at the window, and it finally broke.Tountan climbed through the window, and saw no one in here, not even a body of anyone that might've lived there before.He unlocked the door, and then let the others into the house to pick through the house and find what they needed.
They found the following.
Three bottles of Antiseptic Sprays
Four rolls of bandages
One bottle of antibiotics
The rest of the houses weren't worth looting, as most of them had burned down or had already been broken into.
"Time for the hotel,guys."
Murmors of "Gotcha boss" and "Sure" flowed from the group.
They walk the few blocks to the hotel and find what they didn't want to, they ran into... a group of zombies.

There are fifteen zombies in the hotel, spread about the area.Tountan orders the others without weaponry back, and has the assault portion of the group brandish their weapons.They begin firing at the closest zombie, which is 15m away, and they concentrate fire upon it.(39+30+56+34=159)
The zombie is utterly destroyed, and its arms have been severed completely by the weapons fire, there is no doubt it is dead.The other zombies take notice and begin filtering out of the hotel rooms towards the fresh meat in front of the hotel.The group fires at the small group in front of them that is filtering out of the hotel, and take out two more with bursts of weapons fire.
By now, most of the zombies have filtered out into the street and are approaching the assault group, while the looters group is safe from any harm.With another burst of weapons fire, the group takes out another pair of zombies, and they retreat back five meters to maintain the distance between them and the zombies.The fight continues with the group releasing another volley of handgun rounds into the remainder of the zombies, they take out another pair of them.
The zombies are slowly approaching the group, slowly enough that the assault group manages to take out three more before needing to retreat another five meters to maintain the distance.They continue to fire, with Tountan needing to reload his USP, and the rest continue firing while he reloads.Two more undead down, leaving three left for the group to pick off at their leisure.Tountan finishes reloading and orders them to fire again, while advancing towards the zombies.
They finish the rest of them off with close-range shots.
"You guys can come out now, you know." Tountan says, exasperated from the drawn-out fight.
"After that firefight, there's going to be company here soon, so split up and loot this place as quickly as you can, Maribel and Rick get the first through third floors, he and Greg had the fourth through seventh floors, and Tarah and Rudolph got the eight and ninth, as well as the rooftop.Jenifer got to guard the only entrance, the front foyer.They met back in thirty minutes with their haul, they found the following.
2x Machete
3x Wood Axe
1x Old Sabre
2x can of baked beans
3x bag of pasta
1x Spiral Ham
1x Stihl MS800
2x cans of 50-50 gasoline-oil mixture
1x Webley 1942
300x .38 handgun ammo
200x 9mm Handgun ammo
1x M21
156x 7.5 Rifle ammo
1x Ingram Mac-11
1x M79
20x 40mm grenades
1x Fragmentation grenade

"Holy shit guys, that was a awesome run!" Tountan says, after evaluating the equipment they found and the medicine as well."Let's head back, we've had a good run, and it's going to be a lot of stuff to carry back, even with everyone here." After equally distributing the heavy load, they began their trip back to the Fortress, ever-so-slightly overburdened with all the equipment.
They make it back to the Fortress at 6:00 PM.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 2: Meeting the City Riderz

Post by CenturyWarlord on Tue 07 Aug 2012, 19:46

Zero surveyed the interior of the make-shift mansion and planned out an escape route in case things go bad or Jake betrays him. He spent the waiting time to look at the raiders gauging their condition and equipment. Not too shabby in his perspective. For Jake to take two guys down, they aren't much of a threat in close-quarters combat.

It was quite surprising that the raiders didn't approach Zero to disarm him. Are they really that confident in their abilities to engage in a fire fight against a well armed individual? Perhaps that was the mistake a group of them made when engaging Arytom at the supermarket. That kind of mindset could be answered when Zero got to meet their leader.

When the head honcho finally revealed himself, Zero was a bit disappointed of that man. He had at least expected a veteran mercenary who have a ruthless reputation to tame a small army. He was quite interested to get to know this man nonetheless as of how can such a person control a group of raiders.

Zero would know a good number of reputable warlords due the nature of his work before the outbreak began. Alfred Gordon was a man of mystery to him. In his mind, this person claiming to be the leader could be a fake. So Zero would have to use his skills to determine if this man is the real deal.

"Do you have a place where we can talk privately, without guards of course because I don't like being watched?" Zero requested Alfred for a private meeting.

((OOC: Yes, Zero do not believe this guy is the real leader.))
avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 05:15

"Ah yes, I do believe my office would do for that sort of meeting, follow me, I shall show you the way.
Jake, stay here and make sure the men you injured receive proper care."
"Sure." Jake said.

Alfred leads you down several corridors of cardboard boxes that seem to be stacked to the ceiling.After several minutes of walking, he ushers you into his office and shuts the door behind him.The office is a nice one, with a mahogany desk and expensive-looking leather chairs.
After taking a seat behind his desk, he gestures for you to take a seat on the chair opposite his desk, then he waits for whatever it is you decide to say.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by ben333 on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 18:44

(Beefy/Rabbit)
You find a small alcove near the middle of the Fortress, and settle your large bulk into it and sleep until just before sunrise on the third day.Most people aren't up until after sunrise, and even then they aren't going about their duties until Zero assigns them, so you see very few people milling about.You unfurl your map, and look on it for good looting places, the only things of interest that you see, are the shopping malls to the east, north, and west, but those are surely overrun with zombies.
You decide it would be best to head out west and look for any places of interest.You look to your west and see a hobby shop, a hardware store, and a fast food outlet.You enter the hobby shop and look inside for anything salvageable, but you find only dust, decay, and detritus from the previous runs directed here.
You walk south, and encounter nothing, just empty streets and empty buildings for your jog south two blocks.
You see a car wash and an office building, you walk over to the car wash and inspect it thoroughly, even the car washing machinery is gone.
You walk outside and smash a nearby window in, and time suddenly slows down for a moment while the glass is falling, and then it speeds up again after the last piece hit the ground.

Beefy shakes his head and say "That was odd... better keep going, it's almost sunrise.", thenhe walks west towards the location.After walking west for a while, you notice the sun has risen and is now beating down on your back, annoyed, you continue walking towards your destination, and arrive promptly.
You are in front of Tims house, and ready to begin your search for his photos.
You enter the building and find that there are a dozen zombies inside.
You begin battle and decapitate one zombie before he even noticed your presence.
You roll a 77 and behead the first zombie before he even noticed.
However, then you knock over a nearby vase with some flowers in it, and get the attention of the nearby zombies.
You roll a 96, and decapitate another, then hack at another until its head comes clean off.
((9 left))
You swing your sword at yet another zombie, but it seems to duck and avoid the blow, while tackling you to the wall.You free yourself and cave in its skull with the pommel of your claymore.You notice that the others are approaching you more slowly than the ones you have just dispatched, they are in a tight group.You ready your sword and cleave into the crowd with it.You manage to decapitate three in one blow.
((5))
The rest are stunned and knocked back.You continue your assault and slash at another zombie, and cut through its skull, leaving its brainpan open on the crown of its skull, and its brain in two. The rest have recovered and are packing tight together again.You cleave into them once again, and decapitate three of them, leaving one behind.
That one manages to grab hold of you, and wrestle the sword out of your hand.You clench your fist over its head, and bring them down in a smash, it turns the infecteds brains to a grey mush.The rest of the house is clear, as far as you know.
Afterwards, you wipe your hands and you claymore off on the dead bodies with a grin, and lay the claymore against the door frame, then ready your sledge hammer.You think to yourself, "That was fun. Let's grab these pictures and get out of here and I may find more "fun".You find the pictures without much of an issue, seeing as the home only has one floor.

Tim must not have beleive in keeping certain things secret, as some posters on the wall indicate.You examine the walls to the best of your ability, but you can determine no secret doors, but you do find a dark corridor to the basement.You find some rags and you break a limb off of a broken stand, then you make a makeshift torch.
You ignite the torch with friction, and examine the basement.You find....
A titanium handle/grip on a table.
You gather the pictures and sword into backpack and start to return the Fortress.You walk back to the Fortress without much of an issue, and you check on your weapon that the local tech, Greg Etheredge had made for you.

You find the weapon, as promised, and a note that reads as follows."Sorry about not being here for you to pick it up, but the weapon should be to order, catch me later if you need any modifications to it, or other alterations. -Greg"

Afterwards, you find Timothy and give him the photos and posters you found at his house,and he gives you the remainder of the money he owes you.With a nod, he departs and goes about his duties as if nothing happened.

ben333

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 2: Dealing with the City Riderz

Post by CenturyWarlord on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:22

Zero walked to the opposite side of the table facing Alfred. He put down his weapons on the ground nearby save for his knife which was tucked hidden away in his right boot. He dragged a chair to sit and began unmasking himself.

"You see Alfred, I am here to make a deal with you and your crew," Zero explains while taking off his mask.

"Just so you know I am serious about this, I am taking off this mask and let you stare at my eyes to see just how serious I can get when I make this deal," Zero continued and put his mask on the table.


Half of Zero's face was black and badly burned. The left half of his face was badly scarred from shrapnel and been clawed by the infected. Zero doesn't have much hair left and he partially lost his left ear from what it seemed like it was bitten by something. It wasn't a pretty sight and which was why almost nobody ever seen his face.

He stared into Alfred's eyes with great intensity. He wanted to make it known to the leader (whoever he is) that he isn't here to play around.

"I understand raiding can be pretty lucrative at times. From what I have seen about men, they wouldn't last long in a real firefight. Your last four guys got beaten by one of us who only have a handgun for protection. So imagine how you are going to survive raiding a well armed survivor, an escorted merchant, or even a war which is brewing up in the horizon from what Jake told me.

What my people need are a bunch of muscles, firepower, and someone who have a nose about what's going on in this forsaken city. You and your crew seem to fit the bill assuming that Jake is telling me the truth. I believe we could form some sort of symbiotic relation.

I trust you, an intelligent gentleman, can see how this can benefit both of us without me telling what my people and I can offer you," Zero began the deal.


avatar
CenturyWarlord
Admin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-01-25

View user profile http://unscdf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fortress. (IC)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum